We are please to confirm that starting from the week commencing 11th December 2019, we will be holding in-house social prescriber clinics one day per week at the Practice.
The clinic is to support all patients who could benefit from non-medical intervention to improve their general health and well being. This service can help with the following:
- feeling lonely and isolated
- having an unhealthy lifestyle eg. smoking, overweight
- dealing with a bereavement
- being discharged from hospital
- needing support with living independently
- need simple home adaption or care alarm
- needing improvement in dealing with long term conditions
- need improvement in self-esteem and confidence
Please telephone the surgery on 01787 222022 to speak to our Reception Team for further information or to book an appointment.
Live Well Link Well
Live Well Link Well is a free and confidential Social Prescribing service that provides practical or emotional support of a non-medical nature.
Live Well Link Well workers work in partnership with GP surgeries across mid Essex. They will give you time and can help you to access appropriate support within the local community which will:
- Help you make positive changes to your personal health and wellbeing
- Identify and link you into appropriate support in the community
- Assist you in developing personal goals focused on what matters to you
Live Well Link Well can help you to access support with the following:
- Healthy living
- Weight management
- Lifestyle advice
- Maintaining physical and mental wellbeing
- Supporting independence
- Mobility and equipment
- Looking after someone
- Getting out and about
- Home adaptations
- Money worries
- Social Inclusion
How do I access this service?
If you are living in mid Essex and aged over 18, you can contact the service directly wtihout having to go through your GP.
Call: 0300 303 9988 (Monday - Friday from 8am - 7pm)
Self-care and self-referrals - connectwellessex.org.uk